The cruel irony is that even though almost all my students qualify for free lunch, most of their parents had been working 50 hour weeks between 2 and 3 jobs (mostly in the casinos here). During this economic crunch most have had their hours cut way back and their job status is shaky at best. [...]
Monthly Archive for May, 2009
Visitors come from…
- calliehedrick on You’re Not in Title-I-Land Anymore, part 3
- My Best Posts On How To Prepare For Standardized Tests (And Why They’re Bad) | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... on Refusing To Give A Standardized Test
- Week in Lab: Success, Failure, and the Lessons Learned | Reflections on Teaching on Is Brainpop Bad For Students?
- The “Best” Articles (And Blog Posts) About Education Policy — 2009 | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... on Why not “cure” poverty instead?
- The Best Sites To Learn & Teach About Thanksgiving | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... on Is Brainpop Bad For Students?